The Board of Regents shall continue efforts to provide adequate funds for increased research programs of the highest quality at University System of Georgia (USG) institutions through state appropriations and other outside sources.
In addition, the Board has approved the following special research centers:
- The Agricultural Experiment Stations of the University of Georgia.
- The Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) of the Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta.
- The Marine Resources Program of the University of Georgia with three units:
- The Marine Institute on Sapelo Island;
- The Marine Resources Extension Center on Skidaway Island; and,
- The Skidaway Institute of Oceanography on Skidaway Island.