The University System of Georgia Faculty Council is an advisory body for the Chancellor of the University System of Georgia. Its members represent all institutions within the University System of Georgia and the Council holds two meetings a year.
It was founded in May 2010 due to the efforts of Dr. Russell Porter, Dr. Elizabeth Combier and Dr. Craig Turner.
Dr. Russell Porter had the vision for formation of what is now the USGFC and had experienced similar advisory councils in two other states. He was the one who called and facilitated the first meeting of the faculty governance leaders on March 14th, 2008 at Clayton State University.
- April 02 2018 Spring 2018 Meeting - April 27 - USG System Office, Atlanta
- November 17 2017 USGFC Meeting on December 1 2017
- March 03 2017 USGFC Meeting March 31, 2017
- April 13 2016 USGFC Meeting on April 15 2016
- October 05 2015 USGFC Meeting on October 24th, 2015