Enhancements are coming soon!
Beginning May 1, 2019, USG will introduce enhancements to the Optional Retirement Plan (ORP) and to the 403(b) and 457(b) voluntary plans. Although you aren’t actively contributing to the plan(s), your accounts may be affected. More information will be mailed to you in March.
What do these enhancements mean for you?
- Streamlined investment options with lower fees for certain options.
- Transfer of existing mutual fund balances to new investment options as shown in the Guide to New Investments inserts, available at retirement.usg.edu.
- Expanded investment advice available at no extra charge.
- No interruption in systematic withdrawals throughout this transition.
What can you do to prepare?
- Review the transition information that will be mailed to you in March 2019. This will include details on the new investment lineups and how your account balances will be transferred to the new lineups in May.
- You may make participant-directed transfers of your existing balances to the new investment options before they automatically transfer in May.
Pre-65 Retirees that qualify as a USG retiree, will continue their current USG medical, dental, vision and life insurance in retirement. If you have questions about your whether you qualify, then please contact your local HR office.
Remember to enroll in Medicare A & B at least 60-90 days before your 65th birthday to qualify to continue USG healthcare.
Retirement Transition Meetings
USG will hold sessions that target Pre-65 retirees who are 1-2 years away from turning 65 and transitioning onto the Aon Exchange. The purpose of these meetings is to align Pre-65 retirees with the resources and information needed to prepare them for their transition onto the exchange.
View the Retiree Transition Presentation .
Check back here for updates on the next phase of meetings.
USG provides healthcare coverage to Medicare-eligible retirees through the Aon Retiree Health Exchange.
- Aon Retiree Health Exchange Medicare Insurance Guide
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Information
- Recorded Presentation
USG Life, Dental and Vision Coverage
If you are currently enrolled in USG life, dental or vision coverage, you do not need to take any action in order to continue that coverage.
If you drop coverage under these plans, you cannot re-enroll.
For more information, view the 2019 Comparison Guide.↑ Top