USG Goes Global Programs
USG Goes Global study abroad programs offer something for everyone! Choose from shorter trips (2-3 weeks) and longer trips (4-5 weeks) – all to a variety of exciting destinations. Courses are taught by faculty from across the USG and blend classroom learning with experiential learning as students earn academic credit in another country. Using collaborative technologies to streamline course delivery and grade reporting, most students can register for USGG courses directly through their home institutions just as they would for a regular, on-campus course. While the majority of students are from USG institutions, students from other colleges & universities throughout the U.S. are also encouraged to apply (see Eligibility).
For Summer 2023, USG Goes Global is planning programs to the destinations listed below. Program overviews, courses, dates, costs, accommodations, payment schedules, important deadlines, and more can be found on each program page by clicking on the destination:
USG Goes Global & European Council:
USG Goes Global & Americas Council:
USG Goes Global & Asia Council:
|Program fees listed on these pages DO NOT include tuition. The USG Goes Global tuition rate is $199/credit hour, which will be paid directly to each student’s home institution.
Students must have a profile in Via TRM to start an application for a program. If you do not have a profile or you are not logged in to your profile, you will see “Request to Apply” instead of “Apply Now” on the program pages (see USG Goes Global Application Instructions).
Any full-time or part-time undergraduate student that will be at least 18 years of age by the time of departure.
Students must be in good academic and disciplinary standing with their home institutions in order to be admitted to the program. Note that institutions may have eligibility requirements for study abroad participants in addition to those of USG Goes Global.
Students from institutions outside of the USG Goes Global collaborative can still participate as a transient student at the University of West Georgia. No additional applications or fees required. Click here for details.
Completion of an application does not guarantee acceptance into the program. Dual-enrollment students are not eligible to participate at this time and students with tuition waivers (TAP, 62+, etc.) will only be considered on a case-by-case basis.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested in applying for one of the USG Goes Global programs? Great! The application deadline for Summer 2023 is 5:00 PM on Friday, March 10, 2023. Applications are processed once USG Goes Global receives:
- a complete online application
- application deposit payment ($300 – goes toward overall program cost, not an added fee)
- Institutional Representative approval/confirmation of eligibility
Not ready to apply quite yet? You can still create a profile with USG Goes Global to let us know what programs you’re interested in, get in touch with an advisor or faculty member, and learn more about upcoming information sessions & events happening on your campus.
USG GOES GLOBAL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Click here for a step-by-step guide to starting an application for a USGG program or follow the instructions below.
- Create an account on the USG Goes Global Via TRM application site & complete the Via TRM Traveler Profile. Please use your student email address and a unique password for your account.
- Click on Programs to browse available USG Goes Global programs, then select the program you want to apply for.
- After reviewing the information on the program page, click Apply Now to begin your application.
- When you’re ready, click Submit to submit your application.
- If you would like to finish your application later, click Save and Exit. When you’re ready to return to your application, log in to Via TRM, go to your Traveler Profile, and then click on Applications to continue.
- Once complete, your Institutional Representative will be notified via email to review your application. *USG Goes Global will not accept applications that are not approved by your Institutional Representative. If your institution is not listed, please contact the USG Goes Global Program Manager at email@example.com for more information.
Pay the $300 non-refundable application deposit according to the following instructions:
- Click Make a Payment in your online application.
- Enter the deposit amount ($300) next to Please Pay Now and then click Continue.
- Enter your payment information and follow the prompts to complete the payment.
- Save a copy of the payment confirmation emailed to you for your records.
Program acceptance is granted on a first-come, first-served basis. USG Goes Global does not reserve spaces for programs or specific courses. Students that apply after a program is full will be placed on that program’s waitlist. Waitlist priority is determined by the timestamp of each applicant’s non-refundable application deposit payment; however, an applicant cannot be moved from the waitlist to the program until they have also received home institution approval & completed the online application. The USG Goes Global Program Manager will communicate waitlist positions and updates with students as they occur.
USG Goes Global reserves the right to alter or cancel programs at any time due to low enrollment or any other appropriate circumstance (including, but not limited to, situations that may endanger the health and/or safety of participants). If USG Goes Global cancels a program after program fee payments have been collected, only the funds that USG Goes Global is able to recover from the third-party service providers can be returned to participants. In the event of course cancellation by USG Goes Global after tuition payments have been made, participants are subject to the tuition refund policy of the institution at which they registered for the courses. USG Goes Global does not have the authority to override an institution’s registration/payment policies. If a student withdraws from a program for any reason, the following cancellation schedule will be applied.
Student Cancellation Schedule
- The application deposit becomes completely non-refundable as soon as a student’s application is Accepted or the application deadline has passed, whichever occurs first. *
- Students withdrawing within 35 days of the final program fee payment deadline will owe 50% of the program fee.
- Students withdrawing within 10 days of the final program fee payment deadline will owe 100% of the program fee.
- All group flight purchases are non-refundable and non-transferable.
The amounts specified in the cancellation schedule are due regardless of whether any program fee payments were made prior to the withdrawal. Any payments made directly to a third-party service provider are subject to the vendor’s refund policy.
*If USG Goes Global cancels the program, application deposits are automatically refunded. Students that paid a deposit but are not accepted to a program may request a refund by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 14 days after notification of rejection or cancellation. No exclusions apply, unless otherwise indicated by the USG Goes Global Program Office.
Any questions or inquiries about USG Goes Global programs should be directed to the USG Goes Global Program office and/or the USG Goes Global Program Manager by email at email@example.com or call (404) 962-3192. You may also wish to consult your Institutional Representative.
More information about the individual councils can be found on the USG World Regional Councils page.