USG Goes Global Programs
USG GOES GLOBAL IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR SUMMER 2024!
Take your education farther and discover the world through a USG Goes Global study abroad program! Join a diverse community of students and faculty from other institutions as you explore popular destinations and earn academic credit toward your degree. Courses are taught by USG faculty and blend classroom, virtual, and experiential learning for a one-of-a-kind educational experience in another country. Plus, with the university system’s collaborative technologies, you’ll register for your USG Goes Global courses directly through your home institution and the credit you earn transfers automatically to your regular academic record*. While the majority of students represent USG institutions, students from other colleges and universities throughout the U.S. are also encouraged to apply! (*see Eligibility)
Whether you’re seeking a shorter (2 weeks) or longer (4+ weeks) time abroad, you just started your degree or you’re approaching graduation, you’ve traveled a lot or never been on an airplane… USG Goes Global offers something for everyone! For Summer 2024, USG Goes Global is planning programs to the destinations listed below. Information such as course options, travel dates, costs, accommodations, itineraries, important deadlines, and more can be found on each program page here or by clicking these tiles:
USG Goes Global + European Council:
USG Goes Global + Africa Council:
USG Goes Global + Americas Council:
USG Goes Global + Asia Council:
|Friday, March 15, 2024, at 5:00 PM is the deadline to sign up for a Summer 2024 program.|
|IMPORTANT: Program fees listed on these pages do not include tuition or roundtrip airfare. The USG Goes Global tuition rate is $199/credit hour, which students pay directly to their home institution.|
To participate on a USG Goes Global study abroad program, students must be:
Enrolled full-time or part-time in an undergraduate degree program
At least 18 years of age by the time of their intended program’s departure
In good academic & disciplinary standing, and approved by their home institution
Please note that students are also subject to any institutional requirements for study abroad participants in addition to those of USG Goes Global, and may need to complete a second application or forms through their institution before receiving approval.
Students joining USG Goes Global from any institution outside of the USG Goes Global consortium will participate as a transient student through the University of West Georgia. No additional applications or fees are required.
Completion of an application does not guarantee acceptance. Dual-enrollment students are not eligible to participate at this time and students with tuition waivers (TAP, 62+, etc.) will only be considered as space allows.
Interested in applying for one of the USG Goes Global programs? Great! Applicants are considered as soon as USG Goes Global receives:
🔘 a complete online application
🔘 application deposit payment ($300 – goes toward overall program cost, not an added fee)
🔘 confirmation of home institution approval from Institutional Representative (requested within application)
Not ready to apply quite yet? You can still create a profile with USG Goes Global to let us know what programs you’re interested in, get in touch with an advisor or faculty member, and learn more about upcoming information sessions & events happening on your campus.
USG GOES GLOBAL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Create an account on the USG Goes Global Via TRM application site & complete the Via TRM Traveler Profile. Please use your student email address and a unique password for your account. Already have an account? Login here!
- Click on Programs at the top of the page to browse available USG Goes Global programs and select the program you want to apply for.
- Take note of the course requirements, included costs, deadlines, and other important information on the program page, then click Apply in the upper right corner to begin your application. TIP: Click Save in the top right corner of your application periodically to avoid losing your progress!
- You’ll request approval from your home institution directly within the application.
Applicants without Institutional Representative confirmation of home institution approval will not be considered.
- Pay the non-refundable application deposit according to the following instructions:
- Click Make a Payment in your online application.
- Enter the deposit amount next to Please Pay Now and then click Continue.
- Enter your payment information and follow the prompts to complete the payment.
- Save a copy of the payment confirmation sent to your email for your records. Return to your online application in Via TRM and confirm that your payment status updated successfully.
- After completing all required application fields, don’t forget to click SUBMIT!
📌 If you want to finish your application later, click Save before exiting the application portal. Return to your application by logging back into Via TRM and clicking on My Programs (make sure Upcoming is selected) from your Traveler Profile. Click View Details on your intended program, then View to finish your application.
Program acceptance is granted on a first-come, first-served basis. USG Goes Global does not reserve spaces for programs or specific courses. Students that apply after a program is full will be placed on that program’s waitlist. Waitlist priority is determined by the timestamp of each applicant’s non-refundable application deposit payment; however, an applicant cannot be moved from the waitlist to the program until they have also received home institution approval & completed the online application. The USG Goes Global Program Manager will communicate waitlist positions and updates with students as they occur.
USG Goes Global reserves the right to alter or cancel programs at any time due to low enrollment or any other appropriate circumstance (including, but not limited to, situations that may endanger the health and/or safety of participants). If USG Goes Global cancels a program after program fee payments have been collected, only the funds that USG Goes Global is able to recover from the third-party service providers can be returned to participants. In the event of course cancellation by USG Goes Global after tuition payments have been made, participants are subject to the tuition refund policy of the institution at which they registered for the courses. USG Goes Global does not have the authority to override an institution’s registration/ payment policies. Students are subject to the following refund schedule for any payments made to USG Goes Global:
Student Refund Schedule
- The application deposit becomes completely non-refundable as soon as a student’s application is accepted or the application deadline has passed–whichever occurs first. 🔹
- Students withdrawing within 35 days of the final program fee payment deadline will owe 50% of the program fee.
- Students withdrawing within 10 days of the final program fee payment deadline will owe 100% of the program fee.
- Students withdrawing after the final program fee payment deadline will owe 100% of the program fee and will not be eligible to appeal.
- All group flight purchases are non-refundable and non-transferable.
The amounts specified in the refund schedule are due regardless of whether payments were made prior to the decision to withdraw. If payments are made prior to a late withdrawal, the amount still due to USG Goes Global will not be eligible for a refund. All payments made directly to a third-party service provider are subject to the vendor’s refund policy.
🔹 If USG Goes Global cancels a program, application deposits are automatically refunded. Students that paid a deposit but are not accepted to a program or students subject to a late withdrawal penalty may submit an appeal for a refund or penalty waiver to the USGG Appeals Committee here no later than 14 days after notification of rejection or withdrawal. No exceptions unless otherwise indicated by the USG Goes Global Program Office.
Please direct any questions, concerns, or requests for more information about USG Goes Global to the USG Goes Global Program Office at email@example.com or (404) 962-3192. You may also wish to consult your Institutional Representative for questions/concerns specific to your institution.
More information about the USG World Regional Councils is available here.