USGG Study Abroad Programs
The USG Goes Global program partners with USG World Regional Councils to operate cost-effective consortium study abroad programs ranging from 2-5 weeks. Programs allow for USG students, taught by USG faculty members in destinations outside of the United States, to register at their home institution and join students from 22 other USG institutions on impactful and fun learning experiences. While the majority of students are from USG institutions, students from other colleges and universities throughout the United States are encouraged to participate and can do so as transient students through the University of West Georgia. USG Goes Global students blend classroom experiences with group and individual travel as they earn academic credit. Administrative support is based within the University System of Georgia’s International Education office in Atlanta, and at the University of West Georgia.
In Summer 2020, we look forward to working again with the USG European Council and now with the USG Asia Council to operate programs in even more destinations. Program specific information including an overview of the program, courses, dates, cost, accommodation, payment schedule and important deadlines can be found on individual program pages:
USG Goes Global (Europe):
- 2020 Edinburgh, Scotland
- 2020 Germany (new USGG program)
- 2020 London, England Click here to watch the London video
- 2020 Madrid, Spain
- 2020 Paris, France
- 2020 Porto, Portugal (new USGG program)
- 2020 Waterford, Ireland
USG Goes Global (Asia):
- Any full-time or part-time student is eligible to participate in the program as long as the student will be 18 years of age by the time of departure.
- Students must be in good academic and disciplinary standing with their home institutions in order to be admitted to the program. Completion of an application does not guarantee acceptance into the program. Note also that individual institutions may require letters of reference or other information beyond that required by the USG Goes Global program.
- Students from institutions that are not part of the USG Goes Global Study Abroad Consortia Program must become a Transient Student at University of West Georgia. The USG Goes Global $199/credit hour tuition rate will apply to all transient students.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested in applying for one of the 2020 USG Goes Global programs? Great!
Not ready to apply quite yet? You can still create a profile with USG Goes Global to let us know what programs you’re interested in, get in touch with an advisor or faculty member, and learn more about upcoming information sessions & events happening on your campus. Click here to get started.
The 2020 USG Goes Global application deadline is March 20, 2020. Applications will be processed once USG Goes Global receives the online application, $300 deposit payment, and institutional representative approval/confirmation of eligibility. Program acceptance is granted on a first come, first served basis. The application completion date will be whichever date is later between the deposit payment date, application submission date, and institutional approval date. USG Goes Global does not reserve spaces for programs or specific courses. Students applying after a program is full will be placed on the program’s wait list. The USG Goes Global Program Manager will keep wait listed students updated on their standing on the wait list.
USG Goes Global Application Instructions
Please follow the steps below:
- Create an account on the USG Goes Global Via TRM application site.
- Complete the Via TRM Traveler Profile.
- Browse the USG Goes Global Program offerings and click on the program to which you would like to apply. Click “Apply Now” to begin your application. Click “submit” once you are ready to submit your application. Note: if you would like to finish your application at a later time you may click “Save and Exit.” When you are ready to return to your application, login to Via TRM, click on your Traveler Profile, and click on “Applications” to resume your application.
- Once you have completed your application, your institutional representative will be notified via email to review your application. USG Goes Global will not accept applications that are not approved by your Institutional Representative. If your institution is not listed, please contact the USG Goes Global Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Pay the $300 non-refundable application fee by accessing the University of West Georgia Payment Portal and follow the below steps:
- Select your program’s deposit payment to add to your cart. The website will navigate you to a second page and once here, click the “add to cart.”
- Complete the required fields and select “continue.”
- Once you’ve reviewed your cart, select “checkout”
- Complete the delivery information using your home address and select “Continue Unregistered.” You do not need to become a registered user, create an account, or login to the system to make payments. The system will not allow you to see your balance and if you forget your password, the USG Goes Global staff are unable to help you recover that information.
- Complete the “payment method” and the “billing address” sections and select “continue.”
Any questions or inquiries about USG Goes Global programs should be directed to the USG Goes Global Program office at email@example.com or by calling Margaret Mullins, USG Goes Global Program Manager at (404)962-3192. You may also wish to consult your Institutional Representative. Further information about the individual councils can be found on the USG World Regional Councils page.