2021 Dual Enrollment Admission
Due to uncertainty about the scheduling of SAT and ACT testing during the COVID-19 pandemic, the University System of Georgia colleges and universities are approved to evaluate their Spring, Summer and Fall 2021 dual enrollment applicants without test scores. Institutions are also approved to temporarily accept PSAT and PreACT scores in lieu of SAT and ACT.
Dual Enrollment applicants without test scores must:
Be on-track for completing all high school graduation requirements and the USG’s Required High School Curriculum (RHSC);
Have at least a 3.0 High School Grade Point Average calculated on the RHSC courses completed; and,
Exempt placement in corequisite Learning Support for both English and mathematics. Dual Enrollment applicants without test scores must meet both of the following to exempt placement in corequisite Learning Support:
- English: Two units of RHSC English must be successfully completed prior to the start of the Dual Enrollment term.
Math: High school Algebra II or the equivalent must be successfully completed prior to the start of the Dual Enrollment term.
The USG colleges and universities may consider students not meeting the above on a case-by-case basis but, if admitted, students may not be placed into any English or math course or any course that has English or math as a prerequisite unless they are able to exempt corequisite Learning Support placement in another way. Only those students who have successfully completed high school Algebra II or the equivalent are eligible to take any math course while dual enrolled.
The colleges and universities may have additional or higher requirements. Prospective dual enrollment students are encouraged to reach out to their college or university of interest to learn more about their temporary requirements.
- USG Dual Enrollment Admission Requirements (2021)
- USG Dual Enrollment Admission Requirements (2022) - coming soon!
- USG Institution Dual Enrollment Application Links
- USG Dual Enrollment College and University Contacts
- USG Dual Enrollment FAQs
- USG Staying on Course document (required courses for freshman admission)
- Dual Enrollment Funding Program Information on the GAfutures Website
- Dual Enrollment Course Directory on the GAfutures Website
- Dual Enrollment Information on the GADOE Website
- Self-Pay Course Approval Form for Dual and Joint Enrollment Students
- What Mathematics course should I take?