Due Diligence Guidelines: Demolition of Facilities
This guideline is applicable for all proposed demolition and removal of facilities, including demolition by public works contract and institution personnel. Also included is the transfer and relocation of facilities from Board of Regents real property. After approval of a demolition by the Board of Regents, an Executive Order from the Governor must be obtained by the Board of Regents before the demolition can take place.
Pertinent Board Policy: Section 9.9.3
Request from President to Vice Chancellor for Facilities for facility demolition that includes all of the following as attachments:
A. Building name and facility inventory number
B. Phase I Environmental Report
C. Location map
D. Color pictures of building
E. Firm cost proposal for demolition
F. Narrative (in the following numerical outline order)
- Description of building, including size, number of stories, type of construction
- Date of construction, acquisition and last renovation
- Estimate of current building value
- Estimate of repair and renovation cost
- Condition of building
- Statement indicating conformance with Institution’s Master Plan, including excerpts from Master Plan indicating conformance.
- Any known restrictions or reversions on property
- Historical significance, or eligibility for historical register, of building
- Opposition to demolition by any individual or groups
- Current use of property
- Location that current uses will be relocated to
- Is the proposed demolition pursuant to one of the four criteria contained in Board Policy. If so, which one and explain fully.
- Justification for demolition
- Specific source of funds for demolition
- Proposed use of property after demolition
- Cost associated with developing proposed use, including specific source of funding
- Any additional information that a prudent person would consider to be relevant or important to understanding and considering the request.