Enrollment Management & Student Affairs

Academic Affairs Division

Transient Admission

student walking on campus

Information for Future Students

A transient student is a student who is enrolled in one college or university (their home institution) and takes courses temporarily in another college or university (their host institution) with the intention of transferring the course credit back to their home institution. Students interested in attending a USG college or university as a transient student should first discuss the option with their advisor, department chair, registrar, or other appropriate official at their home institution to ensure the transfer credit will be accepted. Transient students are approved and admitted for one academic term at a time. Students seeking transient admission must apply to the host college or university and must submit a permission letter or form from the appropriate official from their home institution. The letter must indicate that the student has permission to enroll in the USG college or university for the term the student is applying.

Students considering transient enrollment should be aware that transient admission does not guarantee course availability. In addition, transient students may be required to provide proof (typically by submitting a transcript from their home institution) that they meet any prerequisites for the course or courses they wish to take at the host institution.

Students should contact the Admission Office for their desired host institution to learn more about their transient admission procedures and documentation requirements.