Required High School Curriculum
Information for Future Students
The Required High School Curriculum (RHSC) is the cornerstone of the University System of Georgia (USG) admissions policy. Students are encouraged to pursue a challenging and rigorous high school curriculum to be best prepared for a successful college experience and should consult with their high school counselor to determine appropriate coursework.
The RHSC requires that students successfully complete the following high school units:
- 4 units of English
- 4 units of mathematics
- 4 units of science
- 3 units of social science
- 2 units of the same foreign language, or 2 units of American Sign Language, or 2 units of computer science
The USG’s Staying on Course document document provides important information about the RHSC requirements, including the specific high school courses approved to satisfy the 17 RHSC units.
- Staying on Course - provides information about the Required High School Curriculum (RHSC), including the specific high school courses approved to satisfy the 17 RHSC units.
- 2022 USG Freshman Admission Requirements - provides the minimum test scores, high school GPA, and Freshman Index required for 2022 admission to each USG college and university.
- USG College Readiness reports - view reports providing the high school Grade Point Averages (GPA) and SAT/ACT test score averages for previous first-time entering freshmen for each USG college and university.
- USG Admission FAQs - view the most frequently asked questions related to the USG admission requirements.