The deadline has passed for applications to the 2013-2014 ELI program. Thank you for your interest.
ELI - Application Instructions
- Employment for a minimum of three (3) years in higher education
- Consecutive positive evaluation ratings for the last three (3) years
- Demonstrated potential based on the USG leadership competencies
- Minimum master’s degree and any other qualifications required for the next level position
- Current management level/job title equivalent to Chair, Dean, vice president, Executive Director and above
Instructions to apply for the ELI are as follows. Please be sure to read all instructions prior to completing application.
Step 1: Prepare the following documents to include with your application:
- Three-page summary of your resume or vitae. If further details are required, an ELI representative will contact you.
- Two letters of recommendation supporting the application (one personal and one professional). Your manager will provide a separate assessment, so your recommendations are in addition to your manager’s assessment. ELI representatives will send the assessment to your manager.
- In the cases where the applicant is a director, a job description and organizational chart are required. Your application will not be accepted if it is submitted without a job description and org chart.
The applicant must have responsibilities equivalent to an executive director as follows: * Provides leadership and support for accreditation activities. * Directs and coordinates activities of department(s) for which responsibility is delegated to further attainment of goals and objectives. * Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine department(s) progress toward stated goals and objectives. * Confers with chief administrative officer and other administrative personnel to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions. * May serve as member of management committees or special studies. * Plans, organizes, directs, and coordinates activities of one or more directors, managers and committees, in a large complex division of the organization. * Studies and analyzes departmental needs of directors for basis of program development. * Participates in formulating and administering campus policies and developing long-range goals and objectives. * Directs selection and training of staff and volunteer workers. * Assigns work and evaluates performance of directors and managers; recommends indicated actions. * Interprets departmental program and services to individuals or groups in community. * Assists directors through individual and group conferences in analysis of specific programs, understanding of program development, and increasing use of individual skills. * Directs and coordinates activities of department(s) for which responsibility is delegated to further attainment of goals and objectives.
Step 2: Review Application Process
Step 3: Complete Application
You cannot begin the application and save it – if you exit the application before submitting it, all data will be lost and you will need to begin again. Have all required documents ready to upload prior to beginning to complete the form.
Step 4: Submit Application
Upon submittal you will receive an automatic confirmation with a confirmation number – PLEASE KEEP TRACK OF THIS NUMBER AT THIS TIME. You will also receive a confirmation email (this email will not include your confirmation number).
Step 5: Record your confirmation number. This is the only place it will appear.
Step 6: Check your email inbox for a second confirmation from the Executive Leadership Institute.
NOTE: Your complete application package will be sent to the University System Office. Late or incomplete applications will be disqualified.
It will then be forwarded to the Chief Human Resources Officer at your institution. You will receive a notification on the status of your application by October 10, 2014.