AAMI Program Highlights
THE 7 HABITS OF HIGHLY EFFECTIVE PEOPLE
AAMI has offered the 7 habits of Highly Effective People. As a result, 29 Directors and Assistant Directors hold a certificate in the key principles of effectiveness. Highlights included how to:
- Focus and act on what can be controlled and influenced, instead of what can’t.
- Define clear measures of success and create a plan to achieve them for both life and work.
- Prioritize and achieve the most important goals instead of reacting to urgencies.
- Develop innovative solutions that leverage diversity and satisfy all key stakeholders.
- Collaborate more effectively with others by building high-trust relationships.
AAMI has offered QPR (Question, Persuade, Refer) suicide prevention training to 25 USG employees. As a result of this workshop, the attendees are prepared to recognize the signs of crisis and are empowered to make a positive impact in the life of someone who may need help. Furthermore, each person is certified to train small groups in suicide prevention.
Some of the trained directors have been called upon to assist campus counseling centers in addressing the high volume of students in need of services. This speaks volumes about the significance of being QPR certified.