Accounting and Reporting
Accounting and Reporting supports the Office of Fiscal Affairs and the University System of Georgia by providing leadership and guidance to USG Institutions on accounting policies and procedures and related reporting. This is accomplished by:
- Employing sound accounting policies and procedures,
- Providing assistance to USG institutional personnel to guide the reporting process for the Annual Financial Report and the Budgetary Compliance Report,
- Preparing the consolidated Annual Financial Report (AFR) and Budgetary Compliance Report (BCR) for the USG for submission to the Department of Audits and Accounts (DOAA), the State Accounting Office (SAO), and the Board of Regents (BOR),
- Serving as primary liaison between the DOAA, the USG institutions and the BOR for all financial audit issues,
- Updating and maintaining the Standardized Chart of Accounts.