The Office of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) supports the University System of Georgia by providing leadership and guidance on emerging system-wide risks and related reporting. This is accomplished through:
- Serving as primary liaison between the DOAS, the USG institutions, and the BOR for all enterprise risk-related matters,
- Evaluating and monitoring business continuity plans,
- Providing implementation assistance to and validating the adoption of policies and procedures intended to mitigate enterprise risks.
- Collaborating with each institutional risk management policy coordinator and appropriate state entities to educate, embrace and adopt sound practices of policy and procedure.
- Implementing of the ERM framework and support tools that assist with:
- Identifying and assessing risks
- Developing suitable risk responses
- Communicating with risk stakeholders
- Monitoring and managing risks
USG institutions are required to submit their key risk matrix, including mitigation plans, to the USG Director of Operations & Risk annually. The Office of Enterprise Risk Management is available to assist institutions with their risk assessment process, upon request.
If you are aware of any unmitigated enterprise-level risks related to the University System of Georgia we want to know about it! You may provide this information anonymously, online or call 1-877-516-3466.