Mission Statement of the Office of Fiscal Affairs
The mission of the Office of Fiscal Affairs is to serve the Chancellor, the Board of Regents and the University System of Georgia by providing leadership on fiscal policy, budgeting, and financial practices and procedures. This shall be accomplished by:
- Supporting the Board of Regents in the development and implementation of sound fiscal policies to achieve system strategic goals.
- Developing budget recommendations that will provide necessary resources to University System of Georgia institutions in offering programs of instruction, research and public service.
- Managing the internal business affairs of the Board of Regents in a manner that will ensure accountability and demonstrate effective use of resources.
- Maintaining open communications and an environment that promotes sharing of information with all University System of Georgia constituencies.
- Providing support to University System of Georgia institutions through the development and implementation of business procedures and financial systems.
- Promoting the adoption of “best practices” in the management and administration of finance and business operations throughout the University System of Georgia.