Alliance for Education Agency Heads
In order to have a stronger education system for all of Georgia’s students – from early childhood education through the workforce - Georgia’s education agency heads and the Governor’s office have formed a collaborative partnership. Referred to as the Alliance of Education Agency Heads, this collaboration is student-focused and facilitates student success by aligning policymakers, education agencies, and strategic partners to promote a shared commitment and improve educational outcomes. Specifically, the partners work to:
- Coordinate efforts on policies and projects that involve multiple agencies and accomplish together what no one agency can accomplish alone;
- Support and integrate the Governor’s education priorities and initiatives into agency strategic plans;
- Quickly identify and address any issues / barriers to collaborative work between agencies;
- Provide a united message about Georgia’s education priorities to agency staff, stakeholders, and the public; and
- Coordinate and leverage work with strategic partners in furtherance of the state’s education goals
The state’s overarching education goals are:
- Increase the percentage of graduates from high school and postsecondary institutions prepared for the demands of college, workplace, a global economy, and responsible citizenship.
- Increase the percentage of students reading at grade level by completion of third grade.
- Increase the percentage of effective teachers and educational leaders.