Academic Committee Resources
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Bylaws Template
- Annotated Bylaws Template
- Listserv Information and Guidelines
- Guidelines for Meeting Minutes
- Scheduling RAC Meetings - Avoiding Conflicts
- Venues with Support for RAC Meetings
- Credit-by-Exam Information
- Common Course Prefixes and Numbers
- Area F Learning Outcomes and Guidelines
- Area F Approval Process
- Area F Form
- Math Pathways Overview
- Math Pathways Recommendations by Discipline
- Momentum Year Resources
- General Education Redesign
- Committee Recommendation Form
Regents Academic Advisory Committees
Charge to Committees
The Regents Academic Advisory Committees will advise the Board of Regents, USG institutions, and discipline faculty on matters relating to studies in the discipline across the University System of Georgia. This academic year, the charges to the committees will include but not be limited to the following:
- Make recommendations about common cut scores for course credit based on standardized examinations including: AP, CLEP, and DSST exams.
- Develop or refine common course prefixes, numbers, titles, and descriptions for core courses and assist with establishing this base across System institutions.
- Review the Area F course guidelines for each discipline for which the Committee has responsibility and create or refine Area F learning outcomes.
- Provide informed comments and reviews of core course proposals and new programs proposed by USG institutions.
- Suggest ways that the discipline can support the Momentum Approach.