Middle Georgia State College Presidential Search Committee Named
Atlanta — June 11, 2013
University System of Georgia Chancellor Hank Huckaby, in consultation with Board of Regents Chairman Dink NeSmith, has announced the formation of the two committees required by regents’ policy to conduct a national search for the permanent president of Middle Georgia State College.
Currently, John Black fills this role in an interim capacity.
The Special Regents’ Search Committee will be chaired by Regent Larry Walker and includes Regents Lori Durden, Benjamin Tarbutton III, and T. Rogers Wade. NeSmith will serve as an ex-officio member of this committee.
The search and screening of candidates is the responsibility of a 15-member Presidential Search and Screen Committee, whose members also are appointed by NeSmith. Members of the Presidential Search and Screen Committee are as follows:
• Dr. David Fuller, associate professor of education, School of Education and chair of the campus search committee
• Crystal Allen-Joyner, multicultural affairs coordinator
• Dr. Nancy Bunker, faculty chair of the senate and associate professor of English
• David Carpenter, dean of the Warner Robins campus
• Adon Clark, program chair of Aviation Maintenance
• Dr. Charles Matson, associate professor of Respiratory Therapy
• John Edgar Steigerwald, chair of Aviation Science and Management
• Dr. Stephen Svonavec, dean of the Dublin campus
• Dr.Varkey Titus, dean of the School of Business
• Dr. Ron Williams, dean of the School of Science and Math
• Wesley Sewell, student government association president
• David Lanier, chair, Middle Georgia State College Foundation
• Wanda T. Barrs, former chair of the Georgia State Board of Education
• Phil Best, mayor of the City of Dublin
• Ronnie Rollins, chief executive officer of Community Health Systems, Inc.
The campus-based committee will be charged with its responsibilities in a meeting scheduled for 1:00 p.m., Thurs. June 13 in the boardroom of the Jones Professional Sciences Conference Center on the MGSC Macon campus. The executive search firm of Myers McCrae, Macon, Ga., has been engaged to assist the search committee.
At the conclusion of its work, the campus committee will forward the credentials of three to five unranked candidates to the Regents’ Search Committee. The Regents’ Search Committee is responsible for recommending finalists to Huckaby, who will make a recommendation to the full Board of Regents.« News Releases