Gordon State College Presidential Search Committee Named
Atlanta — September 6, 2017
The Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia has named the two committees required by Regents’ policy to conduct a national search for the next president of Gordon State College (GSC).
“We have formed a search committee with comprehensive representation from our Gordon State College stakeholders and the Barnesville community,” said Chancellor Steve Wrigley. “I want to thank the committee for leading the search process and helping bring together representatives of faculty, staff, alumni, students, the foundation, and the Barnesville community.
The Regents’ Special Committee will be chaired by Regent Ben Tarbutton, and includes Regents Neil L. Pruitt Jr., Sarah-Elizabeth Reed, James M. Hull, and Don L. Waters.
The search and screening of candidates is the responsibility of the 13-member, campus-based Presidential Search and Screen Committee as follows:
- Lynn Rumfelt, Ph.D., associate professor of biology and chair, GSC Faculty Senate, Presidential Search and Screen Committee chair
- Bernard Anderson, Ph.D., associate professor of mathematics, GSC Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
- Peter Banks, Mayor of Barnesville
- Terry Betkowski, professor of mathematics, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges liaison, interim GSC Department Head of Mathematics and Computer Science and assistant vice president of Institutional Effectiveness
- Andy Bush, owner, Bush Farms LLC and GSC Foundation former board chair
- Amelia Daniel, student and vice president, GSC Student Government Association
- Jim Edwards, United Bank CEO and GSC Foundation chair
- Cristina Fermin-Ennis, Ph.D., professor of chemistry, GSC Department of Biology and Physical Sciences
- Chaisty M. Joiner, student and president, GSC Student Government Association
- Erica Madoni, clinical health counselor and chair, GSC Staff Senate
- Kevin Napier, M.D., GSC alumnus and Internal Medicine of Griffin, Georgia
- Jeff Rogers, Ph.D., professor of history, GSC Department of History & Political Science
- Mary Williams, associate professor of nursing, GSC School of Nursing & Health Sciences
The duties of the Presidential Search and Screen Committee include the development of a position description, recruiting and conducting interviews. The search firm of Parker Executive Search of Atlanta has been engaged to assist the search committee.
The charge to the Presidential Search and Screen Committee will be Thursday, Sept. 7 at Gordon State. At the conclusion of its work, the campus committee will forward for consideration to the Regents’ Special Committee the credentials of three to five unranked candidates.« News Releases