Georgia Southwestern State University Presidential Search Committee Named
Atlanta — December 20, 2016
The Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia has named the two committees required by Regents’ policy to conduct a national search for the next president of Georgia Southwestern State University (GSW).
“The members of the search committee reflect comprehensive representation of Georgia Southwestern students, faculty, staff, alumni, the Foundation, in addition to the Americus community and the Board of Regents,” said Chancellor-elect Steve Wrigley. “The presidential search committee will play a critical role in the future of Georgia Southwestern, and I am grateful for the committee members’ commitment to the institution and support of the University System.”
The Regents’ Special Committee will be chaired by Regent Doreen Poitevint, and includes Regents Laura Marsh, T. Rogers Wade, Larry Walker and Chairman-elect Tommy Hopkins.
The search and screening of candidates is the responsibility of the 12-member, campus-based Presidential Search Committee as follows:
- Christy Barry, GSW alumna, director of student accounts and president, GSW Staff Senate
- Bryce Benton, GSW student and president, GSW Student Government Association
- Dr. Gaynor Cheokas, GSW assistant professor of management and director, GSW Center for Business/Economic Development
- Dr. Michelle Dykes, GSW assistant professor, GSW School of Nursing
- Dr. Chadwick Gugg, GSW associate professor of mathematics and president, GSW Faculty Senate
- Dr. Lemond Hall, GSW alumnus and chair, GSW Alumni Association Board of Directors
- E. Hulme Kinnebrew, III, president, The Kinnebrew Company, Americus, GA
- Dr. Sam Peavy, GSW professor and chair, GSW Department of Geology and Physics
- William James Peterson, IV, GSW alumnus and chair, GSW Foundation
- Dr. Glenn Robins, GSW professor and chair, GSW Department of History and Political Science
- Lee “Ty” Turner, GSW alumnus and president/CEO, The Commercial Bank, Thomasville, Georgia
- Dr. ChuChu Wu, associate professor, School of Education
Dr. Sam Peavy will chair the campus-based committee, which will be charged with its responsibilities in a meeting scheduled for January 13, at Georgia Southwestern. The search firm of Witt/Kieffer of Atlanta has been engaged to assist the search committee.
At the conclusion of its work, the campus committee will forward for consideration to the Regents’ Special Committee the credentials of three to five unranked candidates.« News Releases