Georgia Gwinnett College Presidential Search Committee Named
Atlanta — October 31, 2018
The Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia has named the two committees required by Regents’ policy to conduct a national search for the next president of Georgia Gwinnett College.
The two committees are the University’s Presidential Search and Screen Committee and the Board of Regents’ Special Committee.
“The presidential search committee has great representation from our Georgia Gwinnett College stakeholders, including faculty, staff, students, alumni, the foundation and the local community,” said Chancellor Steve Wrigley. “I thank the committee members in advance for their time and willingness to lead the search process.”
The search and screening of candidates is the responsibility of the 17-member, campus-based Presidential Search and Screen Committee.
Members of the Presidential Search and Screen Committee are as follows:
- Judy Awong-Taylor, Ph.D., professor of biology, School of Science and Technology; chair, Presidential Search Committee
- Darrick Alvarez, president, Organization of Latin American Students
- Rachel A. Bowser, Ph.D., associate professor of English and interim associate provost of Strategic Initiatives, School of Liberal Arts
- Beth Cavalier, Ph.D., associate professor of sociology, School of Liberal Arts, and Faculty Senate president
- George Darden, Ph.D., assistant professor of education, School of Education
- Tim Foster, chief compliance officer, Masters Capital Management, LLC
- Homero Gonzalez, co-founder, marketing and creative director, ULTIM Marketing
- Tommy Hughes, partner, Hughes Investment Properties LLC
- Karen Jackson, Ed.D., associate dean for Advising Programs, School of Transitional Studies
- Kathija Jamaloodeen, program coordinator of health sciences, School of Health Sciences; chair, Staff Council
- C. Douglas Johnson, Ph.D., professor of leadership and management, School of Business
- Aliya Kanani, vice president, Student Government Association
- Bartow Morgan, executive, Renasant Bank
- John D. Stephens, president, Stephens Holdings, Inc., and managing member, JDS Holdings LLC
- Binh Tran, D.B.A., assistant professor of information technology, School of Science and Technology
- Glenn White, retired president, United Community Bank
- Keeta P. Wilborn, Ph.D., R.N. professor of nursing, School of Health Sciences
The duties of the Presidential Search and Screen Committee include the development of a position description, recruiting candidates and conducting interviews. The search firm of Parker Executive Search of Atlanta has been engaged to assist the search committee.
The charge to the Presidential Search and Screen Committee will take place on Nov. 7, 2018, at Georgia Gwinnett College. At the conclusion of its work, the campus committee will forward the credentials of three to five unranked candidates to the Regents’ Special Committee for consideration.
The Regents’ Special Committee will be chaired by Regent Richard L. Tucker and includes Regents James M. Hull, Neil L. Pruitt Jr., Sarah-Elizabeth Reed, Sachin Shailendra, and Thomas Rogers Wade.
Current GGC President Stanley C. “Stas” Preczewski announced in September his plans to retire effective May 2019. Preczewski has served as president of GGC since 2014, overseeing the growth of Georgia’s youngest state institution to an enrollment of more than 12,500.« News Releases