Georgia College & State University Presidential Search Committees Named
Atlanta — April 1, 2021
The Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia (USG) has named the two committees to conduct a national search for the next president of Georgia College & State University. President Steve Dorman announced he will leave as president on September 1, 2021.
“President Dorman’s strong leadership over the last nine years has set a path for Georgia College & State University to become a preeminent national public liberal arts university, while also helping the university system strengthen its own academic foundation,” USG Chancellor Steve Wrigley said. “Steve deeply understands why the Liberal Arts are important to a 21st-century education, as companies look for graduates who have a broad set of skills and the ability to analyze information and communicate effectively. He championed student success in these efforts, and led systemwide initiatives including development of our College 2025 academic plan. He served our students and our system ably, and we will miss him.”
The search and screening of candidates is the responsibility of the campus-based Presidential Search and Screen Committee and will guide the first stage of the search. Members are as follows:
- Indiren Pillay, Ph.D., search committee chair, professor of biology and chair, Department of Biological & Environmental Sciences
- Kevin Blanch, area coordinator, Office of Residence Life; chair, Georgia College & State University Staff Council
- Pamela Booker, president, Georgia College & State University Alumni Board of Directors
- Hauke Busch, Ph.D., presiding officer, University Senate; professor of physics and engineering; coordinator, dual-engineering/physics degree
- Christopher Clark, Ph.D., professor of economics, Department of Economics and Finance
- Kaitley Congdon, secretary, Georgia College & State University Student Government Association
- Nicole M. DeClouette, Ph.D., interim associate dean and associate professor of special education, John H. Lounsbury College of Education
- Damian Francis, Ph.D., assistant professor and director, Center for Health and Social Issues
- Michael Garrett, chair, Georgia College & State University Foundation Board
- Sarah Rose Harrill, senior business practice manager, Emory Healthcare
- Deborah MacMillan, Ph.D., RNC, CNM, director and professor, School of Nursing
- Nadirah Mayweather, MAT, director, Cultural Center
- Noris Price, Ed.D., superintendent, Baldwin County School District
- James Patrick Robertson, president-elect, Georgia College & State University Student Government Association
The duties of the Presidential Search and Screen Committee include developing a position description, recruiting candidates and conducting interviews. Storbeck Search has been engaged to assist the search committee.
At the conclusion of its work, the campus committee will forward its recommendation to the Regents Special Committee for consideration.
The Regents Special Committee will be chaired by Regent Samuel D. Holmes, with members including Board Chairman Sachin Shailendra, Regent W. Allen Gudenrath, Regent Bárbara Rivera Holmes, Regent C. Thomas Hopkins Jr., Regent Lowery May and Regent T. Dallas Smith.
“Georgia College holds a special place in the hearts of Georgians, especially for someone like me who grew up nearby in Monticello, and fulfills a unique mission as the state’s liberal arts college,” Holmes said. “We look forward to this important task and engaging with campus stakeholders throughout the process.”
The initial meeting of the Presidential Search Committee will be April 7, 2021, at Georgia College & State University, at which time the members will be formally charged with their roles and responsibilities in conducting the search.« News Releases