USG to extend temporary test optional admission for Academic Year 2024-2025
The University System of Georgia (USG) will continue the temporary waiver of test score requirements for Academic Year 2024-2025 (Fall 2024, Spring 2025, and Summer 2025) admission at 23 of the 26 USG institutions. The temporary waiver does not apply to the Georgia Institute of Technology, the University of Georgia, or Georgia College and State University.
For Academic Year 2024-2025, the remaining institutions have two options to make admission decisions:
- Freshman index: Includes high school grade point average and test scores for either the SAT or ACT.
- Test Optional: Use the high school grade point average on the required high school curriculum without a standardized test score at the following minimum grade point averages:
- 3.4 for research universities: Augusta University and Georgia State University.
- 3.2 for comprehensive universities: Kennesaw State University, Georgia Southern University, University of West Georgia and Valdosta State University.
- 3.0 for state universities: Albany State University, Clayton State University, Columbus State University, Fort Valley State University, Georgia Southwestern State University, Middle Georgia State University, Savannah State University and the University of North Georgia.
- State colleges (Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College, Atlanta Metropolitan State College, College of Coastal Georgia, Dalton State College, East Georgia State College, Georgia Gwinnett College, Georgia Highlands College, Gordon State College and South Georgia State College) continue to be test optional in accordance with Board policy.
In addition, test optional admission will now be extended to Dual Enrollment starting for Fall 2023 term, and extending through the 2023-2024 and 2024-2025 academic years (Fall 2023, Spring 2024, Summer 2024, Fall 2024, Spring 2025 and Summer 2025).
Test scores will continue to be required to apply for Zell Miller scholarships in accordance with State of Georgia requirements.