Middle Georgia College Presidential Search Committee Named
Atlanta — February 6, 2008
Mr. Robert Watts, University System of Georgia (USG) chief operating officer, announced at 1:30 p.m. today the appointment of the Middle Georgia College Presidential Search and Screen Committee. Board of Regents member W. Mansfield Jennings, Jr. charged the committee at its organizational meeting.
A national search will be conducted to replace Middle Georgia College (MGC) President Richard J. Federinko, whose resignation became effective Dec. 31, 2007. Dr. Mary Ellen Wilson, vice president for academic affairs, has been serving as the college’s interim president since that time.
Watts announced the membership of the Presidential Search and Screen Committee, which will guide the first two stages of the search, in the meeting on the Middle Georgia College campus. Jennings outlined to the Presidential Search and Screen Committee the duties and responsibilities associated with its role in the search for new leadership at MGC.
The search will begin with the Presidential Search and Screen Committee developing a position description, placing announcements in appropriate national media and conducting on-campus interviews. Members of the Presidential Search and Screen Committee are as follows:
- Dr. Peter Makaya, chair, Social Science and Education Division, chair of search and screen committee
- Dr. Crystal O’Leary, chair, Humanities Division
- Mr. Rick Krontz, instructor, AST Division
- Ms. Christie Canady, assistant professor, Natural Science, Mathematics, and Engineering Division
- Dr. Tom Caldwell, professor, Social Science and Education Division
- Mr. Rodney Carr, director, Dublin Center
- Ms. Lynn Hobbs, vice president, Fiscal Affairs
- Mr. Gil Calhoun, associate vice president, Facilities and Safety
- Mr. Eddie Lee Lovett, Jr., president, Student Government Association
- Mr. Leo Phillips, attorney, MGC Alumni Association
- Mr. Charles Parker, chair, MGC Foundation
The campus-based committee will forward the credentials of five unranked candidates to the Special Regents’ Search Committee, to be chaired by Regent W. Mansfield Jennings, Jr. Regents Patrick S. Pittard, James A. Bishop and Allan M. Vigil will serve as members of the Special Regents’ Search Committee. This committee is responsible for recommending finalists to the chancellor of the University System, who will recommend a single candidate to the full Board of Regents.« News Releases