Georgia State University Presidential Search Committee Named
Atlanta — February 5, 2008
Dr. Susan Herbst, University System of Georgia executive vice chancellor and chief academic officer announced at 2 p.m. today the appointment of the Georgia State University Presidential Search Committee.
A national search will be conducted to replace Georgia State President Carl V. Patton, who will retire June 30, 2008. Dr. Patton has served the University System in that capacity since 1992.
Herbst announced the membership of the Search Committee, which will guide the first stage of the search, in a meeting on the Georgia State campus. She outlined to the committee its duties, responsibilities, and role in the search for new leadership at Georgia State.
The search will begin with the committee developing a position description, placing announcements in appropriate national media, and conducting interviews of the candidates. Parker Executive Search of Atlanta will assist the committee in the search and recruitment process.
Members of the Presidential Search Committee are as follows:
- Regent William Cleveland, chair of search committee
- Regent Kenneth Bernard, Jr., Sherrod & Bernard
- Regent Robert Hatcher, MidCountry Financial Corp.
- Regent Elridge McMillan, Atlanta Metropolitan College
- Regent Willis Potts, Jr.
- Regent Wanda Rodwell
- Regent Allan Vigil, Allan Vigil Ford
- Dr. Paul Alberto, Regents professor, educational psychology
- Dr. Sally Wallace, professor, economics
- Dr. Binghe Wang, GRA Eminent Scholar & professor, chemistry
- Dr. H. Fenwick Huss, dean, J. Mack Robinson College of Business
- Dr. Charity Scott, professor of law and director, Center for Law, Health & Society
- Dr. Deborah Whitley, associate professor, social work
- Dr. Robin Morris, vice president for research
- Ms. Tiffani Brown, president, Student Government Association
- Ms. Cathy Henson, attorney, chair, Georgia State University Foundation
- Mr. Paul Mendel, president, Georgia State University Alumni Association
- Dr. Helen Aderhold, Georgia State alumna and community leader
- Mr. James Stark, chair, Georgia State Athletic Association Board
- Mr. James Copeland, retired CEO, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
The committee will forward the credentials of five unranked candidates to Chancellor Erroll B. Davis Jr., who will make a recommendation to the full board.« News Releases