Georgia College & State University Presidential Search Committee Named
Atlanta — August 26, 2011
The newly appointed Georgia College & State University (GCSU) Presidential Search and Screen Committee will hold its initial meeting at 1 p.m., Fri., Sept. 9, in the GCSU president’s conference room, located in room 301, Parks Hall on the GCSU campus. Regent Doreen Poitevint and University System of Georgia (USG) Chancellor Hank Huckaby will give the committee its formal charge at this organizational meeting.
A national search will be conducted to replace GCSU University President Dorothy Leland, who stepped down on June 30, 2011.
Regent Poitevint, who chairs the Special Regents’ Search Committee and Chancellor Huckaby will outline to the Presidential Search and Screen Committee the duties and responsibilities associated with its role in the search for new leadership at GCSU.
The ten-member Presidential Search and Screen Committee will develop a position description, place announcements in appropriate national media and conduct on-campus interviews. The executive search firm of Heidrick & Struggles, Atlanta, has been engaged to assist the search committee in the process.
Members of the Presidential Search and Screen Committee are as follows:
• Dr. Ken McGill, past chair, University Senate – chair, Department of Chemistry, Physics and Astronomy, chair of search and screen committee
• Susan Allen, chief budget officer
• Carlos Herrera, assistant professor, Museum Studies
• Dr. Janet Hoffman Clark, chair, University Senate – associate professor of Rhetoric
• Jen Maraziti, chair of the Staff Council – area coordinator for University Housing
• Dr. Kendra Russell, interim director, Macon Center – associate professor of Nursing
• Evan Karanovich, student government association president
• Angie Gheesling, executive director, the Development Authority of the City of Milledgeville and Baldwin County
• Pete Robinson, chair, Troutman Sanders Public Affairs Group
• Chris Gibson, president, GCSU Alumni Association
The campus-based committee will forward the credentials of three to five unranked candidates to a Special Regents’ Search Committee for the second phase. This committee will be chaired by Regent Poitevint and include Regent Ben Tarbutton III. This committee is responsible for recommending finalists to Chancellor Huckaby, who will make a recommendation to the full Board of Regents.« News Releases