Public Private Partnerships
Public-Private Partnership Initiative
The Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia (USG) has launched Phase I of its Public-Private Partnership initiative for on-campus student housing. The goals of the initiative are to:
- Ensure on-campus housing is affordable, safe, and meets high quality standards
- Provide additional housing for USG students without incurring additional BOR capital lease obligations;
- Reduce the amount of BOR capital lease obligations associated with the portfolio of existing housing assets;
- Leverage private sector efficiencies in the design, construction, operations and maintenance of student housing while retaining resident life, security and rent administration functions; and
- Develop a long-term relationship between the USG, its member institutions and a private housing provider (Concessionaire) to attract students to live on-campus and to enhance the college experience for these students.
The USG is seeking a private partner, the Concessionaire, to:
- Acquire and manage a select portfolio of 6,195 existing on-campus student housing assets on nine campuses throughout the state of Georgia,
- Develop and manage up to 3,000 beds of new, on-campus student housing on seven of the nine campuses, and
- Obtain development rights for additional new, on-campus student housing on the nine participating campuses.
This website contains the RFQC and all information related to this procurement. Should you have any issues accessing the RFQC or any related documents, please contact Cynthia Brooks at email@example.com. All questions regarding this procurement must be submitted in accordance with the provisions outlined in the RFQC.