Public-Private Partnership Initiative
The Public-Private Partnership (P3) Initiative was launched in 2015 across nine University System of Georgia (USG) Institutions. The initiative currently includes 9,948 beds of on campus housing, with 3,753 new beds delivered in August of 2016. The goals of the P3 program are to:
- Ensure on-campus housing is affordable, safe, and meets high quality standards
- Provide additional housing for students without incurring additional USG capital lease obligations;
- Reduce the amount of USG capital lease obligations associated with the portfolio of existing housing assets;
- Leverage private sector efficiencies in the design, construction, operations and maintenance of student housing while retained student facing services like residence life, security, and rent collection.
- Develop a long-term relationship between the USG, its member institutions and a private housing provider (Concessionaire) to attract students to live on-campus and to enhance the college experience for these students.