The Georgia Archives identifies, collects, manages, preserves, publicizes, and provides access to records and information of Georgia and its people and assists state and local government agencies with their records management.
The Georgia Archives was established in 1918 and was first housed in the State Capitol Building. The Georgia Archives moved to Rhodes Hall in 1930 and then in 1965 to a new building built specifically to house the Georgia Archives. The Georgia Archives moved to its current home in Morrow in 2003.
The Archives is currently open to the public Tuesdays through Saturdays, 8:30AM - 5:00PM. No appointment needed. Original documents are retrieved from 8:30 to 4:00 p.m., and may be viewed in the Original Document Reading Room until 4:45 p.m.