ITS Program Support Services
Information Technology Services (ITS), Board of Regents, University System of Georgia (USG), provides central support to USG institutions and GALILEO (Georgia’s virtual library) customers for ITS products and services through a three-tier help desk strategy to register, perform first contact or level resolution, escalate, and follow through on requests for support. Each case is logged and tracked to resolution and builds a base of solutions and information.
Single Point of Contact
The ITS Helpdesk provides a customer-focused, single point of contact. Customer support specialists log inquiries within a case management system, assess problems, and select initial priority based upon guidelines and business procedures. The ITS Helpdesk responds with a solution (resolves) or escalates problem/requests beyond Tier One. Contact is by web (self-service) support request submission, e-mail, telephone, or fax. Supported products and services include enterprise applications such as:
- GeorgiaBEST Banner Student Information System
- GeorgiaFIRST HRMS (PeopleSoft Human Resources Management System)
- GeorgiaFIRST Financials (PeopleSoft Financials Management, Marketplace, Budgetary Reporting System)
- Georgia Institutional Intelligence (G2I)
- Georgia ONmyLINE
- INGRESS (Intra-Georgia Registration Sharing System)
- Network services (statewide network system-PeachNet)
- PeachNet Service (Backups, Storage, Virtual Machine, GA Awards Hosting (GOSA))
- GALILEO (Georgia’s Virtual Library)
- GeorgiaVIEW (Virtual Instruction Enterprise-Wide)
ITS USG Three Tier Support Model
The three-tier ITS strategy and model includes:
- Tier One – frontline helpdesk. Customers use a single point-of-contact through a Frontline Helpdesk, administered by ITS’s Customer Service department. The ITS Helpdesk provides first-tier troubleshooting, and manages escalation of issues to expert support service staff.
- Tier Two – functional analysts, subject matter experts, consultants (administrative, business process, instructional, and enterprise application experts). Tier-two teams collectively support business processes, virtual library resources, web based instructional resources as well as other functional/technical issues.
- Tier Three – developers, database administrators, technical analysts, workstation support, network support, security support, systems support, and web administrators. Developers and technical experts collectively support database administration, code development, technical services, workstation, network issues, and web technology.