Fall 2017 HealthTrails & Financial IQ System Wide Challenge
Welcome to Fall 2017 HealthTrails, brought to you by the USG Well-being program and Financial IQ Challenge brought to you by TIAA.
Registration opens Monday, September 18; you may begin recording Monday, October 2. All teams must be formed by Monday, October 23.
The competition will end Sunday, November 12, but you may update activity until the scores freeze on Wednesday, November 15.
This 6-week journey through global destinations, your HealthTrails goal is to earn 300+ virtual miles by recording steps, gratitude, and participation in the financial IQ challenge.
Fall 2017 HealthTrails Web Address: https://usgwellbeing.healthtrails.com
How to register: Your unique ID is a combination of your first name, birth month, birth year, last name (John121950Smith).
- Mobile app feature
- Trail Talk (wall feature)
- Trail Mates (buddy feature)
- Individual Leaderboard
- Campus Leaderboard
- Tip Test mileage (correct tip quiz answer): 1 mile
- Up to 53 different devices
- Goal: 6,000/day, 5 days/week
- Max: 25,000/day, 7 days/week
- Aim for at least 6,000 steps or more a day for the greatest health benefits, including lowering your risk for many chronic conditions. You may record as many steps as you’d like, but to encourage consistency a maximum of 25,000 steps a day will count toward your movement on the trail.
- Goal: 1/day, 4 days/week
- Max: 1/day, 7 days/week
- Cultivating gratitude increases happiness and life satisfaction; among other benefits, it also strengthens relationships, boosts the immune system, and helps you sleep better. Aim to express gratitude daily by writing a few things you’re thankful for in a journal, sending a note of thanks, or communicating appreciation to someone in person. You can record as many expressions of gratitude as you’d like, but to encourage consistency, a maximum of 1 a day will count toward your movement on the trail.
Financial IQ Challenge
- There are 15 quizzes in the challenge and a maximum of 1 quiz per week will count towards your movement on the trail. Play the Challenge every day to test your Financial IQ. Five winners will be chosen from each institution, at random, at the end of the challenge. You’re automatically entered for a chance to win TIAA promotional gear each time you play a session. Each day, 5 new questions will be added to the Challenge.
The USG Well-being program in partnership with TIAA will be providing weekly Financial 30 WebEx.