- The System enrolled 200,102 students in Fall 1998 with an EFT enrollment of 150,191. In Fall, 70 percent of students were white, 22 percent black, and 8 percent all other; 57 percent were female.
- 37 percent of students attended part-time.
- Business and education were the most popular majors.
- There were 32,223 first-time freshmen in Fall 1998, up 1 percent from Fall 1997.
- System institutions received 25,587 transfer students.
- About 92 percent of students were Georgia residents.
- Students came from all Georgia counties, all 50 states, and 181 foreign countries.
- The average total SAT score of Fall 1998 freshmen was 1,013.
- In Fall 1998, 29 percent of undergraduates were over age 22.
< Previous | Next >
Information Digest 1998-1999
© December 1999 University System of Georgia