The University System of Georgia Faculty Council is an advisory body for the Chancellor of the University System of Georgia. Its members represent all institutions within the University System of Georgia and the Council holds two meetings a year.
It was founded in May 2010 due to the efforts of Dr. Russell Porter, Dr. Elizabeth Combier and Dr. Craig Turner.
Dr. Russell Porter had the vision for formation of what is now the USGFC and had experienced similar advisory councils in two other states. He was the one who called and facilitated the first meeting of the faculty governance leaders on March, 14th 2008 at Clayton State University.
- April 13 2016 USGFC Meeting on April 15 2016
- October 05 2015 USGFC Meeting on October 24th, 2015
- March 04 2015 USGFC Meeting on March 21 2015
- September 29 2014 USGFC Meeting on October 11, 2014
- February 10 2014 Spring 2014 Meeting: March 1st at Georgia College