Critical Illness Plan
The Critical Illness plan, offered by Aflac, can help you recover from the financial stress of a serious illness.
This coverage assists you with meeting financial obligations, such as out-of-pocket medical bills and deductibles, as well as indirect costs like mortgage payments and other living expenses.
The plan provides cash benefits when an insured person is diagnosed with or treated for a covered critical illness. You will receive a lump-sum benefit to help with out-of-pocket medical expenses and living expenses that can accompany a covered critical illness.
You may elect $10,000 or $20,000 for your coverage. Your spouse is eligible to be covered for half the amount of the coverage you elect ($5,000 or $10,000). Children are automatically covered.
On a leave of absence?
If you are on a leave of absence, you may not enroll in or increase your coverage.
New Health Advocacy, available through Aflac
When you enroll in a USG Critical Illness Plan, you will have access to Health Advocacy. Health Advocacy provides a team of experts who can help solve your health care and insurance-related questions. They can help you with a variety of needs, like finding specialists, clarifying coverage, addressing claim issues and getting second opinions.
Health Advocacy can help you:
- Find doctors, specialists, hospitals and other providers.
- Schedule appointments for treatments and tests.
- Coordinate second opinions and care.
- Resolve issues, from claims problems and medical bills to coordinating benefits.
- Get help with elder care issues, including Medicare and related healthcare issues for your parents and parents-in-law.
- Get answers about your test results, treatments, prescriptions and more.
- Work with your insurance companies to get approvals and clarify coverage.
- Transfer medical records, lab results and X-rays.
- Enjoy the convenience of 24/7 access by app or phone.
When your coverage begins, call 1-855-423-8585 or visit healthadvocate.com/aflac.
Contact Aflac 1-800-433-3036