Open Enrollment: October 29 - November 9, 2018
Open Enrollment for 2019 benefits is Monday, October 29–Friday, November 9, 2018. Review your options now so you’re prepared to make smart choices.
Here are important actions you must to take during Open Enrollment October 29 through November 9, 2018:
- Enroll in a healthcare plan for 2019, even if you decide to continue with your current plan.
- You must certify your and your dependents’ (age 18 and older) Tobacco Use Status if you choose healthcare coverage for 2019.
- Enroll in a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) if you want one in 2019.
- Watch for a dependent verification notice that you’ll receive in early 2019 (follow the instructions in the notice to verify your covered dependents).
IMPORTANT: If you do nothing, your current coverages (except FSA) will roll over at the 2019 premiums and will include $75 Tobacco Surcharge to your and each of your covered dependents’ healthcare plan premiums in 2019. You must enroll if want an FSA.
Please be advised that when you certify your tobacco use, you are attesting that the information is true and correct to the best of your knowledge. USG expects employees to uphold the highest standards of intellectual honesty and integrity in compliance with the USG Ethics policy, and therefore, you should respond honestly in regards to your tobacco use status. If you knowingly and willfully make a false or fraudulent statement to the University System of Georgia regarding your insurance coverage, including your status as a tobacco user, you may be subject to criminal prosecution. Under state law (at O.C.G.A Section 16-10-20), if you are convicted, you shall be punished by a fine of not more than $1,000.00 or by imprisonment for not less than one nor more than five years, or both.
Coaching is provided by your healthcare plan and additional resources listed below.
- Kaiser: 1-866-862-4295 .
- CVS Minute Clinic: 1-866-389-2727
- Georgia Tobacco Quit Life: 1-877-270-7867
If you are a tobacco user that intends to quit and/or have enrolled and will complete a tobacco cessation program by December 31, 2018 , you must complete the online USG Tobacco Use Form and submit a Certification of Completion of the cessation program as proof. Once USG receives the two documents, the $75 monthly surcharge will not be added to your monthly premiums.
The online USG Tobacco Use form and FAQ are located at: https://www.usg.edu/well-being/site/topic/category/tobacco_smoke_free
If you have questions about the online USG Tobacco Use form, or need assistance please contact us at USG-TobaccoFree@usg.edu.
Enroll through the OneUSG Connect - Benefits website
- Visit connect-benefits.usg.edu
- On the right side of the page, look for Manage My Benefits, then click the appropriate button.