Your health. Your choices. Your well-being.
The University System of Georgia (USG) is composed of 26 higher education institutions including four research universities, four comprehensive universities, nine state universities and nine state colleges as well as the Georgia Public Library Service. Your health and welfare benefits are provided through USG.
We know that USG benefits are important to you and your family.
They offer protection, peace of mind and comfort — and you want to make the most of them. Your life changes and your needs change, so it’s always a good idea to review your options so you can make smart benefit choices.
2019 Dependent Audit Information
The University System of Georgia (USG) will be conducting a dependent audit. Completing a dependent audit ensures that all dependents enrolled in the health plans are eligible under the plan rules. This helps USG be able to continue to offer healthcare at reasonable costs. Any dependents who were enrolled in the USG health plans prior to July 2017, and therefore not yet verified, you will be required to verify eligibility for.
The OneUSG Connect - Benefits Dependent Verification Center will mail you a notice on July 22nd to request copies of documents that validate the dependent(s) you currently have enrolled are eligible dependent(s), which will be due by September 6, 2019. If your home address requires an update, please do so in OneUSG self-service as soon as possible.
You will be responsible for providing the required documentation to verify the eligibility of your dependent(s), or risk coverage for your dependents being removed. Please see the guidelines in the yellow box to the right for the required documentation and how to prepare for this audit.
If you have questions about the dependent audit, on or after July 22, 2019, please call the OneUSG Connect - Benefits Dependent Verification Center at 1-844-587-4236. Representatives are available Monday- Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time.
How to submit documenation:
- Identified participants, employees and retirees who have dependents enrolled in a USG medical, dental, or vision plan, will log into the OneUSG Connect Benefits portal at connect-benefits.usg.edu. Georgia Tech participants can login through TechWorks and select “USG Benefits”.
You can start the verification process by accessing the Dependent Verification website with your computer or smartphone at connect-benefits.usg.edu.
- Log into your OneUSG Connect Benefits portal.
- Once logged in, you’ll see an alert message in your inbox informing you that action is needed to verify your Dependents Eligibility. Select and follow the prompts to begin the process. There is also a Dependent Eligibility tile on the main page which you can select that will redirect you to the Dependent Verification Center to begin the process.
- You’ll first be asked to verify your contact preferences for the audit, then follow the prompts to verify your dependents and upload your documents.
- Allow three 3 days for documentation to be reviewed; you can view your verification status online.