Academic Committees Documents
Regents Academic Advisory Committees
2016 Charge to Committees
The Regents Academic Advisory Committees will advise the Board of Regents and the appropriate discipline on matters concerning discipline studies for the University System of Georgia. This academic year, the guidance will include but not be limited to the following:
- Develop materials that will inform those within and outside the profession regarding the value of graduates in a particular discipline.
- Provide informed comments/reviews of new programs proposed by USG institutions.
- Suggest ways to continue and enhance discipline instruction.
- Review the Area F for each discipline for which the Committee has responsibility and create Area F learning outcomes.
- Develop common course prefixes, numbers, descriptions for core courses and assist with establishing this base across System institutions.