Summer 2017 HealthTrails
Web address: https://usgwellbeing.healthtrails.com
Program length: 8 weeks; 56 days
Program goal: 400 virtual miles
Registration start date/launch (first date participants can register): Monday, June 5
Participant start date (first date participants record progress): Monday, June 19
Registration end date: Monday, July 17
Last day of the program: Sunday, August 13
- Mobile app feature
- Trail Talk (wall feature)
- Trail Mates (buddy feature)
- Individual Leaderboard
- Tip Test mileage (3 miles for a correct tip quiz answer)
- Campus Leaderboard
- Enrollment start date (first date to create/join teams): Monday, June 5
- Enrollment end date (last date to create/join teams): Monday, July 17
- Competition start date: Monday, June 19
- Length of competition: 8 weeks; 56 days
- Team size: 4-10
- Freeze team scores date (3 days after competition ends); Wednesday, August 16 at 11:59 PM CST
- Goal: 6,000/day, 4 days/week
- Max counted toward trail: 25,000 steps/day, 7 days/week
- Description: Aim for 10,000 steps or more a day for the greatest health benefits, including lowering your risk for many chronic conditions. You may record as many steps as you’d like, but to encourage consistency a maximum of 25,000 steps a day will count toward your movement on the trail.
- Goal: 6-8 hours, 5 days/week
- Max counted toward trail: 1/day, 7 days/week
- Description: Most adults require 7-9 hours of sleep to recharge. Quality sleep not only helps you feel revived when you wake, but it can also improve memory and recall, regulate appetite and the release of certain hormones, and protect/repair muscles as well as your immune system (1 sleep session of 7-9 hours a day will count toward your movement on the trail).
- Goal: 1x/day/5 days
- Max counted toward trail: 2x/days 7/week
- Description: Practicing self-compassion — being kind and mindful with yourself — contributes to well-being and promotes successful behavior change. It’s also easier to be kind to others when you’re giving yourself the same treatment. Replace negative self-talk with thoughts like these: “It’s OK; you gave it your best shot.” “Everyone has a hard time with stuff like this.” “That was rough; you need a little space right now.” Making this a habit takes practice; start today with self-compassion meditations and exercises. Aim for 1 or more moments of self-compassion a day. You can record as many as you want, but to encourage consistency, a maximum of 2 moments a day will count toward your movement on the trail.
Virtual Miles Calculation:
For every step recorded, participants will earn 0.0013 miles (6000 steps = 7.8 miles).
For every moment of self-compassion recorded, participants will earn 2 miles.
For every 6-8 hours of sleep, participants will earn 2 miles.
For every correct daily Tip Test, participants will earn 3 mile.