University System of Georgia Strategic Plan
Strategic Goal Two:
Create enrollment capacity to meet the needs of 100,000 additional students by 2020.
Strategic Plan in Action
The USG will increase access to academic programs for all Georgians, regardless of their geographical locations.
Increase distance learning credit hours
Activities for Implementation
- Implement a registration system that allows students to register easily for distance learning courses at more than one institution.
- Implement an online master’s of education program.
- Develop an RFP process to award a franchise for a specific online degree program to a particular institution and award an initial set of franchises.
- Streamline the admissions process for practicing Georgia teachers.
- Provide a single location through which prospective students can view accurate and timely information about online offerings in the USG and make educated choices regarding program and institution selections.
Baseline Measure & Targets
|Baseline Measure||2008 Target||2009 Target||2010 Target||2011 Target||2012 Target|
|FY 2007: Percentage of semester credit hours generated through distance education: 4%||Target||5%||Target||6.4%||Target||7.4%||8.4%||8.4%|