University System of Georgia Strategic Plan
Strategic Goal Two:
Create enrollment capacity to meet the needs of 100,000 additional students by 2020.
The USG will maximize capacity at access institutions to meet increased enrollment demands.
Expand capacity of existing access institution sites and plan branch sites in underserved areas of the state.
Increase joint use of facilities with comprehensive universities.
Activities for Implementation
- Provide capital and budget funding for expansion.
- Identify sites in underserved areas in metro Atlanta for branch access programs.
- Identify an access institution for the Columbus area to work with Columbus State University.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing academic programs of access institutions operating at comprehensive universities.
- Create a standard operating model for access institutions operating at comprehensive universities.
Baseline Measure & Targets
|Baseline Measure||2008 Target||2009 Target||2010 Target||2011 Target||2012 Target|
|Fall 2007 enrollment in access institutions: 27%||Target||28%||29%||30%||31%||32%|