- The University System of Georgia was created in 1931.
- The System is composed of four universities, two regional universities, 13 state universities, and 15 associate degree colleges.
- The University System is governed, controlled and managed by a Board of Regents appointed by the Governor.
- The Board of Regents is composed of 16 members, five of whom are from the state-at-large and one from each of the eleven congressional districts.
- The Chancellor is elected by the Board as its chief executive officer and the chief administrative officer of the University System.
<< Previous Page ] [ Table of Contents ] [ Next Page >>
[ USG HOME ]