6.2 Research Institutions
In addition to the research conducted by faculty at all USG institutions, the following have been approved by the Board of Regents as special research centers:
The Agricultural Experiment Stations of the University of Georgia with three main stations:
- The Georgia Experiment Station at Griffin;
- The Coastal Plain Experiment Station at Tifton; and,
- The College Experiment Station at Athens with five branch stations at Blairsville, Calhoun, Eatonton, Midville, and Plains.
The Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) of the Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta.
The Marine Resources Program of the University of Georgia with three units:
- The Marine Institute on Sapelo Island;
- The Marine Resources Extension Center on Skidaway Island; and,
- The Skidaway Institute of Oceanography on Skidaway Island.