Valdosta State University Presidential Search Committee Named
Atlanta — August 26, 2011
The newly appointed Valdosta State University (VSU) Presidential Search and Screen Committee will hold its initial meeting at 1 p.m., Thurs., Sept. 8, in the Executive Dining Room, University Center on the VSU campus. Regent Donald Leebern and University System of Georgia (USG) Executive Vice Chancellor Dr. Steve Wrigley will give the committee its formal charge at this organizational meeting.
A national search will be conducted to replace VSU President Patrick Schloss, who stepped down on June 30, 2011.
Regent Leebern, who chairs the Special Regents’ Search Committee and Wrigley will outline to the Presidential Search and Screen Committee the duties and responsibilities associated with its role in the search for new leadership at VSU.
The12-member Presidential Search and Screen Committee will develop a position description, place announcements in appropriate national media and conduct on-campus interviews. The executive search firm of Myers McRae, Macon, Ga., has been engaged to assist the search committee in the process.
Members of the Presidential Search and Screen Committee are as follows:
• Dr. Phyllis Holland, department head of the Management and International Business Department, chair of search and screen committee
• Lisa Baldwin, assistant director of Information Technology for Enterprise Application Services
• Dr. Greg Harrell, professor of Mathematics and Computer Science
• Stanley Jones, registrar
• Dr. Julie Lee, dean, Dewar College of Education
• Antolina Pilgrim, director of Accounting
• Dr. Maria Whyte, coordinator, Nurse Practitioner Program, College of Nursing
• Graham Davis, student government association president
• Chuck Dunmon Jr., chair, VSU Foundation, Inc.
• Jerry J. Jennett, past chair, VSU Foundation, Inc.
• Greg Voyles, president, VSU Alumni Association
• James McGahee, retired chief executive officer, South Georgia Medical Center
The campus-based committee will forward the credentials of three to five unranked candidates to a Special Regents’ Search Committee for the second phase. Joining Regent Leebern on this committee is Regent Rusty Griffin. This committee is responsible for recommending finalists to Chancellor Huckaby, who will make a recommendation to the full Board of Regents.« News Releases