Fort Valley State University Presidential Search Committee Named
Atlanta — March 8, 2013
University System of Georgia Chancellor Hank Huckaby, in consultation with Board of Regents Chairman Dink NeSmith, has announced the formation of the two committees required by regents’ policy to conduct a national search to replace Fort Valley State University President Dr. Larry Rivers, who will step down in June 2013.
The Special Regents’ Search Committee will be chaired by Regent Larry Ellis and include Regents Kessel Stelling, George Hooks, Tommy Hopkins and Larry Walker. NeSmith will serve as an ex-officio member of this committee.
The search and screening of candidates is the responsibility of a 12-member Presidential Search and Screen Committee, whose members also are appointed by Huckaby and NeSmith. Members of the Presidential Search and Screen Committee are as follows:
• Dr. Meigan Fields, professor of history and chair of the campus search committee
• Dr. Komanduri Murty, professor and president of the faculty senate
• Juone Brown, associate professor
• Dr. John Benjamin Dubriel, professor of mathematics
• Bobby Dickey, head of the Department of Fine Arts, Humanities and Mass Communications
• Terrence Wolfork, president of the FVSU staff council
• Denise Eady, special assistant to the president for Compliance/EEO/AA/Title IX
• Fred Hammonds III, student
• Calvin Smyre, board chair of the FVSU Foundation
• Dr. Lawrence Marable, president, FVSU National Alumni Association, Inc.
• Dr. Keith McRae, FVSU alumnus and FVSU Foundation board member
• Bryant Culpepper, attorney with James-Bates-Brannen-Groover, LLP, Macon, Georgia
The campus-based committee will be charged with its responsibilities in a meeting to be held at 10:00 a.m. on Wed., March 27 on the FVSU campus. The executive search firm of Academic Search, Washington D.C., has been engaged to assist the search committee.
At the conclusion of its work, the campus committee will forward the credentials of three to five unranked candidates to the Regents’ Search Committee. The Regents’ Search Committee is responsible for recommending finalists to Huckaby, who will make a recommendation to the full Board of Regents.