Bainbridge College Presidential Search Committee Named
Atlanta — April 14, 2010
The newly appointed Bainbridge College Presidential Search and Screen Committee will hold its initial meeting on Friday, April 16, on the campus in Bainbridge, Ga. Regent Doreen Stiles Poitevint and Rob Watts, chief operating officer of the University System of Georgia, will give the committee its formal charge at this organizational meeting. The meeting is scheduled for 2 p.m. in the Kirbo Center Board Room.
A national search will be conducted to replace Bainbridge College President Thomas A. Wilkerson, who is retiring at the end of the year, after having served the University System in this capacity since 2005.
Regent Poitevint at the Friday meeting will outline for the Presidential Search and Screen Committee the duties and responsibilities associated with its role in the search for new leadership at Bainbridge College. The committee will be charged with developing a position description; placing announcements in appropriate national media and conducting on-campus interviews.
The Presidential Search and Screen Committee will be chaired by Dr. Tonya Strickland, chair of the Division of Learning Support and interim chair of the Division of Arts and Sciences at Bainbridge College. The rest of the committee’s membership is as follows:
- Dr. David Pollock, instructional technology specialist, Bainbridge College;
- Joan Simpson, director, Bainbridge College Early County Center;
- Dr. Michael Kirkland, assistant professor, history, Bainbridge College;
- Ann Brannen, assistant professor, technical mathematics, Bainbridge College;
- Amy Wells, instructor of mathematics, Bainbridge College;
- Edward Reynolds, mayor, Bainbridge;
- Luther Conyers Jr., city council member, Bainbridge;
- Glennie Bench, chief financial officer, Southwest Georgia Oil Company; and
- Patricia Williams, student representative.
The campus-based committee will forward the credentials of three to five unranked candidates to a Special Regents Search Committee for the second phase of the search. Regents Richard L. Tucker, Benjamin Tarbutton III, Larry R. Ellis and Board of Regents Chair Robert F. Hatcher will serve as members of the Special Regents Search Committee, chaired by Regent Poitevint. This committee is responsible for recommending finalists to Chancellor Erroll B. Davis Jr., who will make a recommendation to the full Board of Regents.