Information Security & ePrivacy works collaboratively with USG Information Security Officers and other essential entities on mitigating, identifying, responding to, and reporting information security incidents. Immediately containing and limiting the exposure is our first priority.
We assist in responding to and investigating incidents related to misuse or abuse of USG information and information technology resources. This includes computer and network security breaches and unauthorized disclosure or modification of institutional or personal information.
ITS’ Technology Services and Solutions (TSS) and Information Security & ePrivacy departments, are charged with investigation and coordination of incidents where sensitive institutional or personal data is suspected to have been exposed, and it has experienced and licensed forensic engineers on staff to assist.
Time is critical In the event of a computer security incident concerning sensitive USG or personal data, the affected office must take immediate action to report the incident. Report an Information Security Incident immediately by calling the ITS Helpdesk at **706-583-2001**, or **1-888-875-3697** (Toll free within Georgia). The ITS Helpdesk is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
**University System of Georgia Institutions**, as soon as the incident is suspected:
1. Immediately call the ITS Helpdesk, **706-583-2001** or **1-888-875-3697** (Toll free within Georgia).
2. Step away from the computer; do not touch it or take any other action until advised by TSS or Information Security & ePrivacy.
3. Do not attempt to login, or alter the compromised system or power it off. These actions will delete forensic evidence that may be critical to your incident.
4. Do not talk about the incident with any other parties until you are authorized as part of the process outlined in this document.
5. From another computer, download the following file: Abuse Notification (08-17-2012) and USG INSTITUTION INFORMATION SECURITY INCIDENT REPORT and email the completed form to
with details of the suspected exposure.
**USG System Office (Athens & Atlanta)** - Contact USG Helpdesk at
When Information Security & ePrivacy are notified, an Incident Response Team will immediately be
assembled to advise and assist in containing and limiting the exposure, in investigating the attack,
in obtaining the appropriate approvals, and in handling notification to the affected individuals and offices.