GeorgiaVIEW: USG’s Online Classroom
Providing 24x7 Online Classroom and Support to USG Faculty and Students
The GeorgiaVIEW service is the online learning environment for the public colleges in the state of Georgia, providing interactive learning experiences for the 21st century. The environment supports more than 87,000 classes that are fully and partially online. The service is also used to supplement face-to-face classes. More than 295,000 faculty, staff, and students use the online learning management system, Desire2Learn. The USG is the largest private cloud implementation of Desire2Learn.
- More about the USG Learning Management System.
- Learn about the application used to plan, implement and assess student learning.
- Hear about online learning opportunities for student success.
Making Higher Education More Accessible
USG institutions offer a wide variety of fully online courses and degrees, making a USG education more accessible to more people including new students or returning students preparing for a new career. Explore USG courses and degrees at Georgia ONmyLINE.
Through the GeorgiaVIEW service, students can access courses online, including interactive components and class content, to achieve their learning objectives. In addition, students can interact with their classmates and instructors through discussions, email, and live (real-time) chat rooms.
Meeting the Needs of Today’s Students
Through the GeorgiaVIEW service, students have the ability to
- Take quizzes and tests online
- Review their grades online
- Access course materials
- Connect with classmates and instructors through interactive tools such as discussions, journals, blogs, chat, and web conferences
GeorgiaVIEW Strengthens Education
It’s a great way to incorporate active participation in discussions.”
- GeorgiaVIEW Home
- D2L Help Center - Assistance with technical questions relating to Desire2Learn
- GeorgiaVIEW Maintenance Schedule - Learn when GeorgiaVIEW will be unavailable due to scheduled maintenance
- GeorgiaVIEW Learning Environment Administrators - Who is the GeorgiaVIEW Administrator on your campus?
- Archives of DAT-L - Listserv restricted to GeorgiaVIEW Administrators, password required
- GeorgiaVIEW Service Level Agreement
- GeorgiaVIEW Insights Administrators