Open Enrollment - October 15, 2012 through November 9, 2012
Posted August 21, 2012
You will be eligible to enroll for your 2013 healthcare benefits beginning October 15, 2012. Please take the time to thoroughly review your benefit options and dependent information prior to completing your benefits enrollment. The 2013 Benefits Open Enrollment Period is from October 15 through November 9, 2012.
Please note that if you do not enroll during this period, all of your 2012 benefits will roll to the 2013 plan year except your Flexible Spending Account (FSA) elections. If would like to contribute to a Flexible Spending Account in 2012, you must re-enroll during the Open Enrollment period.
Your Open Enrollment elections will remain in force until the end of the 2013 plan year and you will not have the opportunity to request any changes to your elections unless you experience a qualifying life event.
During the August 7th – 8th Board Meeting, the Regents approved the following changes for 2013:
• Re-open BCBSGa and Kaiser HMO Plans for new enrollments
• Increase some of the co-pays in the BCBSGa and Kaiser HMO plans
• Install the Employer Group Waiver Plan for Medicare eligible retiree pharmacy coverage under the Open Access POS Plan
• Increase MetLife Dental annual maximum benefit to $1,500 and add composite fillings coverage
• Decrease CIGNA Life Insurance premiums and add expanded spouse life options
• Realign premiums to reflect plan benefit value and claim experience
• Increase premiums
Please direct any questions regarding your benefits to your institution’s HR department of employment or retirement.