Human Resources Administrative Practice Manual:
|Official Title||Policy on Employment Applications|
|Abbreviated Title||Employment Applications|
|Responsible Office||Human Resources|
- Applications For Employment – An application must be submitted for a posted vacancy via the employer’s published application process.
- Disqualification of Employment – A candidate will be disqualified for employment for any of the following reasons:
- Conviction of a criminal drug offense shall disqualify a candidate for not less than two (2) years. Any candidate who has been convicted of a second or subsequent criminal drug offense shall be ineligible for employment or re-employment for a period of five (5) years from the most recent date of conviction.
- Any false statement of material fact in the application.
- The candidate is or has been a member of an organization advocating the violent overthrow of the government of the United States.
- The candidate applying for a position of trust has been convicted of a felony or crime involving moral turpitude, unless the applicant has been pardoned.
Reason for Policy
This policy ensures that all institutions of the University System require applications for employment for posted vacancies while also affording the appropriate level of flexibility needed at the institutional level to determine individual campus specific application procedures.
Entities Affected By This Policy
All units of the University System of Georgia are covered by this policy.
Who Should Read This Policy
All University System of Georgia employees and prospective employees should be aware of this policy.
|Office of Human Resourcesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Institution Chief Human Resources Officers||See University System HR Officer Listing at http://www.usg.edu/hr/officers/|
Website Address for This Policy
These definitions apply to these terms as they are used in this policy:
Board of Regents: The governing body of the University System of Georgia
Position of Trust: Positions of trust are those that involve interaction with children, master access to facilities, access to financial resources, including but not limited to Purchase Cards, delivery of patient care and have access to patient information or that have been otherwise identified by the hiring institution.
Applicant: shall be defined as any person who expresses written interest in a posted vacancy via the employer’s published application process, meets the minimum qualifications; and, at no point in the selection process, removes himself or herself from further consideration or otherwise indicates that he or she is no longer interested in the position.
The University System of Georgia and its member institutions require an application for employment from any qualified individual who wishes to be considered for an open position. Applications will be maintained in accordance with applicable state and federal regulations. While electronic applications are becoming the norm for applying for positions within the University System, this policy also addresses those who may not have access to electronic devices. Therefore, an application may be in the form of an employment application form, a resume typically accompanied by a cover letter, or an electronic application submitted through the internet, also known as an “Internet Application.” Regardless of the application format used, federal and state requirements where applicable will be followed.
Institutions will also disqualify certain applicants under this policy. In following the disqualification provisions of the policy, each institution will be responsible for identifying its positions of trust.
The responsibilities each party has in connection with the Policy on Employment Applications are:
|Vice Chancellor for Human Resources, USG||Provide guidance to institution human resources officers on policy, update the policy as necessary, and monitor OFCCP regulations to ensure USG HR officers are appraised of changes timely.|
|Institution Chief Human Resources Officers||Ensure appropriate maintenance of applications for employment in accordance with applicable rules and regulations.|
Employment of Relatives