Life Insurance and AD&D
You can protect your family’s income in the event of a death due to illness or accident.
- Basic life and AD&D — You receive life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance equal to $25,000 at no cost to you.
- Supplemental life insurance — Purchase additional life insurance coverage during Open Enrollment from one to eight times your salary, up to a maximum of $2.5 million. Without having to provide Evidence of Insurability (EOI), you can elect or increase your coverage each year by one times your salary, up to the limit of the lesser of three times your salary or $500,000.
- Dependent coverage — You can choose life insurance coverage for your dependents during Open Enrollment, too:
- Spouse coverage options of $10,000 to $500,000. EOI is required for all requests for spouse coverage during Open Enrollment.
- Child(ren) coverage options of $5,000, $10,000, or $15,000. No EOI is required.
- Additional AD&D insurance — You can buy additional supplemental AD&D insurance during Open Enrollment in amounts of $10,000 to $500,000.
For details, view the 2016 Comparison Guide.