Middle Georgia State College Fact Sheet
President: Dr. John B. Black (Interim)
100 College Station Drive
Macon, GA 31206
- Main: 478-471-2800
- Admissions: 478-471-2800
- Financial Aid: 478-471-2717
- Compliance, Ethics, and Reporting Hotline: 877-516-3457
Middle Georgia State College is a focused baccalaureate institution whose resources are dedicated to the advancement of a 17-county region in the central area of Georgia. The college, which was created in January 2013 through the consolidation of two existing colleges, Macon State and Middle Georgia colleges, is strongly committed to quality education and student success through excellence and innovation in teaching. A highly flexible and dynamic institution, it actively recruits faculty, staff, and administrators with the experience and talent to sustain a supportive and productive learning environment for a diverse student population. Scholarly pursuits are encouraged with emphasis on applied research related to regional issues, the college’s core disciplines, and institutional effectiveness. While student housing is provided at three of the college’s five campuses, the special needs of a commuting population also are recognized in the design and delivery of counseling, testing, career planning and placement services.
Affordable and accessible – with campuses in Macon, Cochran, Warner Robins, Eastman and Dublin – its professionally oriented degree programs are concentrated in selected disciplines that lead to rewarding careers and enhance the economic and cultural vitality of Middle Georgia. Our Eastman facilities are located at Georgia’s only state-operated aviation campus, and its academic and research programs are primarily focused on the aviation industry.
- Middle Georgia State’s enrollment in the fall of 2012 was about 8,800 traditional and non-traditional students. The average age is about 26. Minority students account for more than one-third of the student population.
- Day, evening and online classes for full- and part-time students are offered. Students also have opportunities to take online classes from work and home.
- Middle Georgia State College offers 20 bachelor’s degrees, nearly three dozen associate’s degrees, as well as career programs. More than two dozen certificates also are offered, 18 of which are related to the aviation industry.
- Our baccalaureate degree programs are market-driven disciplines essential to the economic vitality of Middle Georgia. The college continues to prepare students to compete in a technologically advanced global economy while developing important life skills and a firm foundation in the liberal arts.