About Business Services
Business Services provides the highest quality financial and office services to all customers of the University System Office. Our customers include employees, Regents, legislators, government agencies, auditors, vendors and grantors.
What we do…
- Provide accurate, timely and meaningful financial information that supports decision making for the University System Office.
- Provide good stewardship of resources for the constituents of Georgia and grant sponsors.
- Safeguard assets in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Employ good business practices in our own department and encourage and assist members of the University System office in doing likewise.
- Take personal ownership in helping find answers to questions and solutions for both University System Office personnel and those external to the System Office
Office Services provides Mail Services to the University System Office and works in collaboration with the United State Postal Service (U.S.P.S.), United Parcel Service (U.P.S.), Federal Express (FedEx) and several local courier services to ensure that letters, parcel and large packages are received and delivered daily. All processes and procedures are regulated per U.S.P.S and U.S. Homeland Security mandates. For assistance please contact one of the staff in Office Resources.
Office Resources provide a wide range of tenant and facility management services in collaboration with the Georgia Building Authority with regards to general facility maintenance issues as well as special renovation projects and services. All tenant issues can be reported directly to GBA Maintenance at: http://maintenance.gba.ga.gov/, by phone at: (404) 463-4357 and by calling Office Resources directly.
Office Resources has a fully operational Records Management Program that offers on site records storage for documents covered by the University System of Georgia Records Management Program. For information in regards to documents covered under this program and for detailed instructions and state guidelines, please visit: http://www.usg.edu/records_management/. For assistance please contact: Vernon Davis at 404-962-3226.
Office Resources is responsible for receiving and logging in payments by check, or in limited circumstances, cash payments to the Board of Regents. Please bring payments to the 7th floor, Suite 7096. Any of the staff can provide assistance. Receipts are provided upon request
Office Resources has a Property Management program in place that is responsible for the accountability of all property purchased, received, and disposed. This Program handles inventory for capital asset and non-capital asset items. For questions and concerns with regards to non-asset property contact: Vernon Davis at 404-962-3226.
Office Resources provides several options for printing and publishing design services.
- In-house Printing is available through the use of the many high volume printers available throughout the agency. Many of these units allow desktop printing. Both black & white and color printing are available with various printing finishing.
- Just-In-Time Printing is available through contracted vendors and Georgia Correctional Industries (which is a government mandatory source). Both entities provide a variety of printing processes and finishes. Contract Printing is provided via DOAS Purchasing through the process of open market bids for a variety of printing and design needs.
- Printing/Presentation Facility: Office Resources provides a small printing area for all departments that is housed in suite 7096. This space consists of black & white copiers, binding equipment, typewriter, laminating equipment, and folding equipment just to mention a few. These items can only be used within the Office Resource area so that they are always available to the BOR staff.
Office Resources provides the Board of Regents with a variety of supplies.
- Open-Shelf Supplies are available in Office Resources on an availability basis. Most of the supply items available are new and lightly used recycled items. We do stock staple items like copy paper, mailing supplies, toners, electronic storage formats, pencils, pens, BOR stationery just to mention a few.
- Departmental Supply Orders are available to all departments via the Office Supply Request Form
Departments may order any supplies needed from the following vendors:
The Office Supply Request Form once completed must be signed by a department head for approval, and then forwarded to Business Services for budget checking and approval. Office Resources will then place the order, receive the shipment and deliver the goods to the respective department. Special services requests are also handled by Office Resources (e.g. glass purchase, furniture repair, promotional items, and stamps). Feel free to contact the staff in Office Resources with questions and concerns.
Access Control (Key Control)
Office Resources manages the distribution of the office keys for the Trinity/Washington building in collaboration with the department of Human Resources. Replacement keys may be ordered here, at a charge covering the replacement cost. Keys should be returned to Office Resources upon departure of an employee. Office Resources maintain an active data base of key
Office Resource is responsible for the maintenance of all standard office equipment for the Board of Regents. This includes but is not limited to copiers, typewriters, and fax machines. Office Resources also offers a variety of items for check out such as, easels, televisions, DVD players, dictation equipment, projector screens, overhead projectors, to mention a few. These items can be reserved via MicroSoft Office Outlook.
Meeting Room Management
Office Resources is responsible for the maintenance and basic set-up of the training, meeting and conference rooms available to the Board of Regents staff. Board of Regents staff and departments are responsible for all preparation for special meetings on and off site. Pre-arranged services for heavy moving and/or reconfiguration of meeting space will be outsourced to the Georgia Building Authority (Office Resources staff are not allowed to perform these kinds of duties). Office Resources can assist departments with these requests if received 10 to 15 business days before the scheduled event. Please contact the Office Resources staff for detailed information. Note: Assistance with Audio Visual System Office meeting room, i.e. projection systems, network connectivity, or other technology related needs can be obtained from the Technology Services & Solutions department. The TSS department can be reached by calling 404-962-3333 or sending an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transit Card Service
Office Resources provides for the purchase of transit cards on Atlanta’s major transit systems to University System Office employees and consultants. These can be paid for monthly by personal check (for consultants) or by payroll deduction (for employees). Please contact any of the Office Resources Staff for details.
Kristi A. Fuss
Controller, University System Office
Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia
270 Washington Street, S.W.
Atlanta, GA 30334
Tel: 404-962-3208 Janice.Brown@usg.edu
Tel: 404-962-3211 Mindy.Castillo@usg.edu
Tel: 404-962-3225 Jennifer.Shaw@usg.edu
Capital Asset Accounting:
Vendor questions or vendor requests for electronic payment: