2015 USG Environmental & Occupational Safety Workshop
This is a 1 1/2 day professional development workshop is dedicated to providing environmental, occupational safety, and other related information to those charged with responsibility in the University System, Technical College System, and Private Colleges & Universities in Georgia. The workshop also provides networking opportunities to share experiences and best practices with each other.
Location: Unicoi State Park, Helen, GA
To book a room at the Lodge, call (800) 573-9659 and ask for “Reservations”. The workshop rate is $104/night.
Dates: July 14-15, 2015
Registration Fee: $125 (Registration Link will be available after 3/15/15) (fee includes 3 meals & breaks, lodging is separate)
Please send topics ideas to email@example.com. Otherwise, topic names will appear on this page upon confirmation with the speaker(s). It is anticipated that speakers will represent US EPA, US OSHA, GA EPD, State Fire Marshal’s Office, BOR, USG institutions, and consultants.
(Optional Pre-Workshop Class) Level 1A Fundamentals - Erosion & Sedimentation Re-certification (Blue Card) Participates are encouraged to bring a laptop or tablet for viewing electronic materials during class.
Speakers & Topic Area
- William Spain (EPD) & Mark Hartz (ACES) - Asbestos & Lead
- Tony Campbell - Stormwater & Solid Waste Issues at Institutions
- CG Lawrence (DOAS) - Safety/Risk Management
- Dave Marder (GIT) - Managing Refrigerants
- Stephen Ndiritu (KSU) - Institutional Environmental & Safety Committee Structure/Management System Integration & Computer Apps in EHS
- Ineke Abunawass (UWG) - Hearing Conservation
- Christina Tabor (GT) -“Effective Communication with your EHS Customers”
- Danny Orlando (EPA) - Energy Efficiency & Global Carbon
- Phil Young (GRU) - Construction Safety Observer Program
- State Fire Marshal’s Office - Right-to-Know Law Changes for 2016
- Alex Lehocky (BOR) - How will the Legionella standard effect your institution?
- Gene Scott (GA Power Company) - TBD
- Mike Elster & Patrick Gragson (GA EPD) - “Hazardous Waste Management in the World of Academia for Institutions”
- Byron Harris (CSU) - “Columbus State University’s Recycling and Sustainability Efforts”
More to come…
After selecting the PayPal button, choose “Pay with a debit or credit card, or PayPal Credit”, then click the “Credit Card” tab.
Please make checks payable to “Business Services” and send to our office:
Board of the Regents of the University of GA
C/O Business Services (Env Account)
270 Washington Street, SW
Atlanta, GA 30334
Send questions concerning the workshop to firstname.lastname@example.org